Pegaruh Body Shaming Terhadap Kepercayaan Diri Mahasiswa UIR Di Media Sosial

Laksmini, Ajeng (2022) Pegaruh Body Shaming Terhadap Kepercayaan Diri Mahasiswa UIR Di Media Sosial. Other thesis, Universitas Islam Riau.

[img] Text
168110195.pdf

Download (1MB)

Abstract

THE INFLUENCE OF BODY SHAMING ON THE CONFIDENCE OF UIR STUDENTS IN SOCIAL MEDIA AJENG LAKSMINI 168110195 FAKULTAS PSIKOLOGI UNIVERSITAS ISLAM RIAU ABSTRACT Having self-confidence or having self-confidence helps the individual in carrying out interactions with the surrounding environment. Social media can affect self-confidence. Pictures of perfect bodies displayed on social media can create feelings of anxiety and insecurity for individuals. Even to the point of making them ashamed of their own bodies caused by other people's comments and criticism. An individual treatment by giving opinions or comments to the individual or himself related to his body condition, namely the definition of body shaming. This study aims to determine whether there is an effect of body shaming on self-confidence in UIR students on social media. The subjects in this study were 270 students who were selected using perposive sampling. This study uses a body shaming scale and a self-confidence scale. The analysis used is quantitative analysis. The results of this study indicate that there is an influence between body shaming on self-confidence in UIR students on social media. With a t value of -6.186 and a sig of 0.000 (p < 0.05). as for the effective contribution of body shaming to self-confidence is 12.5%, where the remaining 87.5% is influenced by other factors.

Item Type: Thesis (Other)
Uncontrolled Keywords: self-confidence, body shaming, social media, and students.
Subjects: B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
B Philosophy. Psychology. Religion > BF Psychology
Divisions: > Ilmu Psikologi
> Ilmu Psikologi
Depositing User: Riri Wahyuli Wahyuli
Date Deposited: 02 Jul 2022 03:47
Last Modified: 02 Jul 2022 03:47
URI: http://repository.uir.ac.id/id/eprint/11919

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item